Friday, October 28, 2011

Prague!

Dave and I went out last night for beer(s) for the first time. We went to a bar/restaurant that Dave noticed days before because of the sign outside boasting "Mega-schnitzel." The bar plays straight 80's metal music and our server spoke pretty good English. When he came to take our order he said 'okey-dokey!' and then when he brought my left over mac n cheese he called it a 'doggy bag'. I think his English teacher may be from Wisconsin. He also taught me how to ask for no ham in my mac n cheese (bitte kein Schinken) and helped Dave pronounce Käse. The food was super greasy, but I'm sure we'll be back.

Yesterday I woke up and walked with Dave to work and then went for a run. I noticed the leaves were starting to fall and wanted to catch some photos of these trees up at the top of a hill. Mid-day the sun usually pops out for an hour or two, so that's when I headed towards the hill. Without really meaning to, going towards the hill meant going a long way up it. The hill was another winery, of course, so I snapped some photos of the town and my unexpected hike.

Today is being spent researching and booking our trip for this weekend, Prague! Dave has Tuesday off work so like many of his coworkers he also took off Monday. I immediately thought Paris, but planning a trip to Paris last minute was very expensive, even for Paris standards. So we're renting a car for an awesome price and heading to Prague tomorrow (Saturday morning) and coming back Tuesday. Even better, his coworker and wife have decided to join us. They're from Chicago and have been here since '09 and always wanted to go to Prague.

Things have been going really well. I'm settling in and Dave is doing great at work. He had a meeting at Bosch yesterday and they picked one of his designs for a new line. We will download Skype and call our families soon (sorry mom, yes I do miss you) .

Kara

 (St. Dionys pictured above on the left and below)


(Joe, the above is your photo!)







3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having nice weather there in Germany. I hope it stays that way so you can get a lot of traveling in. Have fun in Prague.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mega-Schnitzel" sounds more like a movie than a restaurant...

    ReplyDelete