Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Planning and more planning

It's turning out that Dave and I aren't so great at eur-uploading to the blog. Sorry there isn't more info here so far.

The last few days I've been trying to plan for the next month and a half. The weeks are flying by- more than two down now- and I'm afraid I'm going to run out of time before I get some heavy traveling in. The current plan (that will most likely change) is a road trip with Dave for next week. Instead of taking his 3 days of vacation at the end in December as originally planned, now we're going to take that long vacation next week for better weather. We think we're going to rent a car Wednesday through Sunday and do a road trip through Switzerland and Northern Italy. I have a friend that I lived with during my study abroad in England that now lives back in Lausanne, so we'll probably swing by and stay there. The Italy part of the trip will be mainly the coast and smaller towns. Obviously I have quite a bit more planning to do, but that's the jist.

After we get back to Esslingen we'll have Thanksgiving with the couple we went to Prague with. Then I'm planning to visit Munich and take a bus to Vienna for the week. I really wanted to see Budapest as well, but I'm not sure I'll have enough time. I'll be back for the following weekend and then leave again for my big trip. The big trip will entail at least a week in Paris and a few days in Brussels. Dave will probably meet me for a few days on a weekend in Paris. Once I'm back from Paris Ill have a few days to enjoy the end of the famous Christmas market in Esslingen and then head home.

This weekend Jason and Veronica are renting a car and taking us on two day trips in Germany. It'll be mostly castle visits and a trip to Heidelberg, which is supposed to be really beautiful. One of the castles is the one that inspired the Walt Disney castle!

Here are some more shots from Prague. Turns out I don't like Absinthe, but Dave does enough for the both of us. Tschüss! ("Bye!" pronounced like 'choo-s').

A partial view of what we're looking at is below




1 comment:

  1. Good thing you didn't cut off your ear while hopped up on that sizzurp.

    ReplyDelete