Monday, November 14, 2011

Update: Road Trip

After a busy weekend of exploring Germany, Dave and I are getting ready for our international road trip. The new route starts Wednesday morning from Esslingen through the Stelvio pass to Florence. It'll be a lot of driving in one day, but then we'll have a few days in Florence. I've always wanted to go to there and we have just enough time to do it.

On Saturday we'll start the trek back up along the Ligurian coast. The initial plan was to stay on the coast in Cinque Terre, but with all the hiking involved and our tight schedule we decided Florence is more fitting. The coast drive Saturday morning will go through Milan and by Lake Como. Dave can then check the St. Gotthard pass off his bucket list while I take nausea medicine. We'll spend Saturday night and Sunday in Lucerne before coming back to Germany. My mom celebrated her twenty first birthday in Lucerne, so I will also be celebrating the visit like it's my 21st birthday.. which actually occurred in Leeds, England at bars where everyone was younger than me. I tried to stay at the same Hotel Diana she did, but I can't figure out if it's still there so I got a place nearby.

We have a lot of photos from this weekend to rummage through and will upload them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment